This example of results after using Enhanced Limestone Product was taken two months apart. (results may vary).
A breakthrough has been made in the lime industry, ‘Enhanced Limestone with Organic Acid’. Enhanced Calcitic Limestone can do in 2 months what typical limestone applications can do in 2 years! This is a PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT which is not available from stores and is now available by special agreement with Aerating Thatching Co. The manufacturer has been in business since 1985 while perfecting this truly revolutionary product.
Note: If you have been already applying lime annually, this can free up trapped lime in your soil from previous applications.
There are generally three different types of Calcium products on the market: Calcitic, Dolomitic, and gypsum.
- Gypsum helps break up clay soils and adds Calcium but does not adjust soil pH
- Dolomitic limestone has Calcium and Magnesium
- Calcitic limestone has a higher Calcium level that adjusts the soil’s pH, which allows the nutrients in the soil to be available to the grass
Benefits of Using This Revolutionary New Calcitic Lime:
- Improves germination, stimulates root growth, and enhances microbial activity.
- Increases essential nutrient absorption and translocation.
- Improves soil aeration and water percolation.
- Supplies optimal Calcium (Ca) levels to plant cells to strengthen the lawns’ resistance to disease.
- Balances the Ca/N ratio in the plant.
- Raises soil Ph with a quicker response at lower rates.
- Requires 1/4 the rate of standard lime per application and Lasts up to 10 months.
- Reduces Hydrogen (H), Sodium (Na), and Chlorine (Cl) in the plant and soil.
Superior Quality Product vs. Traditional Limestone and Gypsum:
How many times have you applied typical limestone or gypsum just to mow it right back up? Our enhanced limestone gets to work in the soil while typical limestone and gypsum just sit there.
These products dissolve quickly with just one irrigation cycle and are absorbed by the soil profile with ease. Enhanced lime stone goes out into the soil and converts bound-up, locked-up (unavailable) calcium to usable, available calcium.
This newly developed lime has an organic acid added which makes it become available very quickly to the soil through an oxidation reaction. That is why poor results are often seen when lime is applied every year because typical limestone has to oxidize and can take years to become available to the soil.
As always, I highly suggest having soil testing done by a professional laboratory for the best results.